I have received a lot of helpful guidance from Supermarkets - I will keep this page updated with any information I receive.
From Monday 23rd March, our online customers who are over 70 years of age or have a disability will also be given priority access to online delivery slots. We will contact these customers in the coming days with more details. We plan to operate an expanded ‘click and collect’ service, and will significantly increase the number of collection sites across the country over the coming days in preparation for this. This includes making provisions for self-isolating customers to use this channel.
ASDA have introduced a Volunteer Shopping Card - read more HERE
For our customers:
- Larger stores will be prioritising elderly and vulnerable customers, and their carers, from opening until 9am. We are asking other customers to leave their shopping until later in the day, allowing those who need essentials to be able to get them first thing
- Customers are now able to buy only up to three of any product across all food items, toiletries and cleaning products, to help everyone get what they need
- We are temporarily closing non-essential services, such as rotisserie and pizza counters, allowing us to free up space and time for colleagues
- We are temporarily limiting the opening hours of some stores to ensure they have time to restock and thoroughly clean
- We’re asking online customers to advise us when ordering if they are self-isolating so we can make adjustments to their delivery
Customers will start to see:
- Floor markings and directional barriers to help them maintain a 2-metre distance
- Closure of every other self-checkout till
- Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities available at the front of the store
- Increased signage and reminders to touch only items they intend to purchase
- Encouragement to use cashless payment – the contactless limit will increase to £45 as of 1st April
See the image below for more
From Friday 20 March, the first opening hour in Waitrose supermarkets will be dedicated to our elderly and vulnerable shoppers, as well as those who look after them.
All stores (except Express stores) will be prioritising the elderly and most vulnerable for one hour between 9am and 10am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
|Social Distancing||46.38 KB|