VisitEngland has launched a new industry standard and mark to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for tourism and hospitality businesses as the industry works towards reopening.
- To obtain the mark businesses must complete a self-assessment through the online platform including a check-list confirming they have put the necessary processes in place, before receiving certification and the We’re Good To Go mark for display in their premises and online.
- Businesses across the UK are assessed according to their respective national guidance including the social distancing and cleanliness protocols that must be in place.
- An ‘alert’ system ensures that businesses signed up to the standard are notified if there are changes to the official guidance.
- A call-handling service will provide support and assessors will also carry-out random spot-checks to ensure businesses are adhering to the guidance.
- The self-assessment includes specific guidelines for sectors including accommodation, visitor attractions, restaurants and pubs, business conference and events venues and tour and coach operators with signposting to further industry and trade association guidance as required.
You can access the scheme’s webpage here: https://goodtogo.visitbritain.com/