Charities and community groups in East Worthing and Shoreham are being encouraged to apply for their share of a massive £3million funding pot. Launched on Friday, July 14 People’s Postcode Lottery’s Dream Fund is looking for charities to apply for funding to bring their dream project to life.
The Dream Fund encourages collaboration between charities and good causes, bringing them together to apply for funding to finance their dream project – an idea they have always wanted to deliver but never had the opportunity to develop.
Tim Loughton said:
“People’s Postcode Lottery’s Dream Fund gives charities the opportunity to be bold and courageous. This is an exciting opportunity for charities across [insert area] to work together to develop their dream project. I urge charities to be creative and ambitious and remind them to get their applications in before the deadline.”
Funding from the scheme, now in its eighth year, will be offered over two years from 2018. This year’s prize fund is the largest ever with a top award of £1million and a total award fund of £3million. To date the Dream Fund has invested more than £7.3 Million in 24 projects across Great Britain, with previous winners including Heritage Heroes, a joint project between Canal & River Trust and Help for Heroes, and Missing People’s ‘Child Rescue Alert’.
Postcode Dream Trust is encouraging applications to Dream Fund 2018 from projects that fit within one or more of the charitable purposes which include: supporting families; improving people’s lives through animals; green communities and increasing life chances for young people.
Clara Govier, Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said: “I am proud that players of People’s Postcode Lottery will be awarding an impressive £3million to winners of the 2018 Dream Fund. If you’ve got an idea or a project that you think is a little bit different then this is the funding opportunity for you. Good luck to all applicants.”
Applications for the Dream Fund are open from Friday, 14 July until Tuesday, 22 August. Winners will be announced in January, 2018. Please visit www.postcodedreamtrust.org.uk to apply today.
More information on People’s Postcode Lottery:
• People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
• A minimum of 30% goes directly to charities and players have raised £212.8 Million for good causes across the country
• £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
• Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
• Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
• Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences number: 000-000829-N-102511-014 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513-013. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
• People's Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. For details on which society lottery is running each week, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society